Monday, July 21, 2014

Humility, Thankfulness, and Drifting Apart

     Humility is lacking these days and I mean TRUE humility. There is really being humble and then there is pretending to be humble just so people will see you as... being humble. I'm all for people being confident, don't get that twisted, but you have to find a balance of confidence and humility. I believe every person deserves to boast about certain things. Maybe you achieved something you're super proud about and want to tell the world! Excitement is a very wonderful thing to experience! It's those people that doesn't say look what I did (once) but constantly pushes it up in people's faces that need to be brought back down to earth. Be excited, yes, but at some point you're going to have to move on. Just have a happy heart. I see too much jealousy happening because of other's success and it makes me sad. There are plenty of things in this world to be great at and more than one person can even be great a the same thing! It's not the end of the world.

     Everyday I have to be thankful for the things I do have and the things I don't have. Everyone else should too, because there is much much worse than the issues you deal with daily. When I visited Orlando last weekend I saw a lot of homeless people. I mean, A LOT. I see them where I live as well but not to this abundance. For those 3 days we saw the same people in the same spot all day-every day. It really made me sad. While I know some people are comfortable with being like that, I know there are other's that struggle daily. I really had to sit down for a few minutes and just be thankful for everything in life I have... the big and the small.

     Another thing, people move on and even from each other. It's a sad part of life. Not all friends will always be close friends and not all relationships will work out either. It's called drifting apart and it happens all the time. Family does it too. I have friends I grew up with that I still talk to but we don't hang out everyday (hardly ever) and we don't really talk much either. We grew up and went on our own paths because we all have our own lives, dreams, families, expectations, successes, etc. Don't get stuck in the past and just try to move on because this world is ever changing and we need to keep up with the change in order to be free and happy.

     I just want to continue being a happy and inspired person. I'm very thankful that I am now in a point in my life that I have little to no drama. Face-it, we all have those people that will try and make your life difficult and they only will if you allow them. Get away from those people. Remove them on facebook, out of your phone, e-mails, etc. I've even went as far as blocking certain people's friends and families in order to expel them out of my life as much as possible. Letting go is an amazing and beautiful strength that only takes practice. So go out there and achieve your dreams leaving all drama behind you, old relationships that are holding you back, and shoot for success. Remember to always be thankful and humble because you have one life, so live it to it's fullest!

No comments:

Post a Comment