Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Goals

     As an artist I've set some goals for myself. I believe every person, artist or not, should set goals to look forward to and want to achieve. Having goals in life is what drives us as humans. We HAVE to have something to look forward to in order to do anything. If we didn't have something to look towards for the future then nothing would get accomplished. 
    I have 3 main goals that I've always wanted to achieve since I was a child.
  1. Galleries- I've always pictures myself in galleries. When I was younger I thought I'd grow up to be a fine art drawer, little did I know I'd be drawing with light and photoshop instead of charcoal and graphite. I don't want to be in just 1, I want to be in many. I want to share with others my work and what I see. Ever since I entered a fine art contest and I saw my work displayed I had such pride, even though at the time it wasn't good work, I fell in love with my work being displays for all to see. 
  2. Teaching- I love to know things and I love to teach the things I know to others as well. I actually contemplated being a photography teacher at a university for a long time and then I fell out of that when I actually got into college and realized how immature adults can be as well. What I really want to do is host workshops of 5-10 people IF that and just teach them. Not just photography techniques but teach them how t art completely involved and inspired by art and even their own works. 
  3. Books- I've always wanted to be in magazines. As many as I can. It's always been a dream of mine. What I want mainly is to have my OWN book. I'm not the best with my grammar and punctuation, I'm sure you can tell, but I've always wanted my own book with my work in it.

     These are my 3 main goals I have for myself and all of these have been life-long dreams of mine and I truly want to achieve each and every single one of them. Not a very long list but it's a list that I cherish and WILL accomplish one day. I have my eyes, heart and soul set on these and I'll do anything I can to make them happen! Just getting started is the most difficult thing a person can do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment