Friday, November 29, 2013

Hear No Evil, See No Evil, Speak No Evil

     Drama, it's going to happen. How you deal with it depends on how bad it can get. I've been in situations before where I wasn't even apart of the drama but since I listened to the gossip it automatically made me just as bad as the person talking. Listening is good but sometimes listening can get you into a lot of trouble. I've been trying really hard lately to stay out of it all. I don't enjoy being upset or angry. I don't enjoy being talked about behind my back and called terrible things. I'm sure no one likes that, but it happens.
   
     The best way to stop the drama is to cut it off at you. If someone comes up and they start talking about someone negatively just stop them right there and don't listen to it. Venting I personally would call it gossip as well but at the same time if you're seriously upset at something, with a good reason, I think listening to that person's issues is fine. Everyone needs someone to vent to but be careful. Sometimes venting turns into gossiping. If you find yourself saying mean things or untrue things about someone just because you're mad... you may need to take a step back and stop talking.

     I'm a person that is all about telling the truth even if it hurts someone's feelings. What if you see someone doing something bad to another person yet you do nothing to prevent it? That makes you just as bad as the people doing it. We all have the power in us to make a difference whether its good or bad. The way to make an impact is just a simple act of kindness. If you see someone hurting someone, verbally or physically, you have every right to stick up for that person especially if they can't stick up for themselves. Situations like someone bashing another person behind their back and you're either the one being talked to or you hear/see it, you have every right to try and stop it and stick up for the person that can't be there to defend themselves.

     Staying out of drama is pretty hard. Especially if people are purposely starting things just because they feel like it or it makes them feel better because they're bringing someone else down. Unfortunately, that's how the world runs. If you listen to the gossip, gossip, or do nothing to try and stop it... you're just enabling things to get worse. I understand completely about getting angry at someone and then saying anything bad about them just to make yourself feel better. I've been there and I've done that but in the end it made me look childish. An adult is slow to anger and thinks before they speak or show actions. Biting your tongue and holding your emotions back doesn't make you a weak person, in fact, it makes you a strong person to be able to control yourself. Not everyone has the ability to control their own minds and bodies. It's a constant struggle I deal with everyday. There are plenty of things I'd like to do, say, wish I would of said or did, yet I don't because what you say and do can be carried with you for the rest of your life and I'd rather not be known as anything less than a happy and positive person.
"Hear No Evil, See No Evil, Speak No Evil"

No comments:

Post a Comment